Sunday, February 6, 2005

CASA

As planned, I resigned as President of the board of RGVCASA this week. It's been three years since we started the program here in Socorro. During those three years I was the president (ah, the sheer power!). I enjoyed being able to help the program go from an idea to an actuality but it's good to pass it on to someone else. One of our volunteers and recently a board member, Madelyn Klatt, is taking on the job. I'm really pleased that she decided to agree to be elected. She's a real volunteer - someone who steps up when there is something to be done.

Unfortunately RGVCASA is also losing our great Executive Director, Lynnette Carter. Her husband, who is a store manager for ALCO, has been asked to move to manage the ALCO store in Springerville. He's there already and she (and the family) will have to move there very soon. I hope we can find someone even close to Lynnette in dedication, ability, and sheer good heart. (See I'm still saying "we" - it'll take a while).

Tim

No comments: