Thursday, October 11, 2007

On the road again

I'm traveling again after a long hiatus. In the last month, I've been to London, Manchester, and Perth. I was born near London and did my first degree at the University of Manchester so I know them well, although I hadn't visited either for many years. Manchester is much the same mucky, wreckage-of-the-industrial-revolution town, though with a new veneer. Both London and Manchester are very dirty compared to Australia cities - lots of rubbish on the street. One thing that has clearly improved is the food - I went to a number of really good restaurants.

I've not seen much of Perth. I'm staying at Scarborough in the Rendezvous which is a nice hotel. I've been walking on the beach when possible. Here's the view of the Indian Ocean from my window:



Tim

No comments: