Friday, January 28, 2005

Progress

We're getting things done:
  • We close on the sale of our house in Albuquerque tomorrow. It actually sold on the first that it was advertised but it took a while for the buyer's mortgage company to get the paperwork done.
  • No takers yet for our home in Socorro though we've had quite a few people look at it. The roof is yet to be fixed but we're in line for that to happen.
  • I submitted my visa application a couple of days ago, after the application by CSIRO was accepted. A possible holdup is that my US passport expires in early May. I've applied for a new one and may have to resubmit the visa application once that comes. I'm also renewing my UK passport since it may make travel to some countries easier.
  • It looks like we'll be moving on Tuesday, March 29. We have a moving company lined up and will sign the contract on that once the visa is finalized.
  • Judi's car is in the shop for hail repairs. We'll sell one of the cars soon after we get it back.
So, things are coming along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, nice to see everything is going along smoothly for you.

About the passport -- it's not necessary to resubmit your visa application. Just make sure you show BOTH passports (new & expired) when you travel. I've had to do this after renewing mine (my old passport has the current Australian visa label in it) and there was no dramas. In fact, when I asked the DIMIA about putting the visa in my new passport, they said NO they couldn't do that. Oh well. :-(

What moving company are you using? Did they give you an estimated time of arrival for your furniture? Have you found a place to live in Sydney yet?

Cheers.

Vicky
spiritntori@yahoo.com.au