Sunday, February 19, 2006

Leura - Australia's Blue Mountains

This week, Tim and I drove to the town of Leura in the Blue Mountains - a short 1 1/2 hour trip. Tim was attending a conference at the Leura Garden Resort Wednesday through Friday. We decided to stay over Friday night so that he could enjoy some down time. The resort didn't look like a very interesting place to stay, so we booked a room in a B&B called Megalong Manor. The B&B was charming and our suite was truly comfortable and self contained. I missed the communal breakfast, because you can meet some of the most interesting people at B&B breakfasts, but the privacy was nice. The only thing I found uncomfortable about the Megalong was the fake cat lying on the chair in our corridor. I had to pass the cat to get to our room. For some reason, the cat, which looked very realistic, gave me the creeps. I felt like covering it or hiding it until we left. Being a good guest, I left the cat alone... but if I ever stay there again it's the cat or me!

I guess the only other bother were the little spiders who were abseiling from high up on the wood trim and down the drapes. The spider's energy in this pursuit provided some interesting observation for a while, but there's just so long you can watch without doing. (Forget it - I don't do heights!)

On a walk out to Sublime Point (think a not so Grand Canyon mixed with the Blue Ridge Mountains) a young Eastern Brown Snake crossed the path just in front of us. I read later on the internet that this brown snake is the second most venomous in Australia. Yikes! ... and he looked so cute.

Here are photos of Tim and I at Sublime Point. I have a hard time taking a straight photo, so bear with me - I'm showing off my tattoo.



No comments: