Friday, February 3, 2006

Bush, The Patriot Act, Bugging Devices

As I sit here in my home in Thornleigh, NSW Australia, I am all too keenly aware that we are not exempt from being "watched" by "The Bush" government. I know that Tim and I are open in our thoughts about the Bush government, and we don't mind putting our ideas into writing in this blog, but bugging us all the way over here - in the world of "down under"? Come on! Isn't this going just a bit too far?



Did they REALLY think we weren't going to notice the BUG in our home? And aren't they lacking just a tad in creativity? You can almost hear the little shutter click from the camera. As Americans, can't we expect better than this?



This is the last straw! First it was Cheney the snake, then it was the leechy lobbyists, and now this. All I can say is the best bugging device is the bugging device that you know EXACTLY where it is.

Cheers, Judi

PS: This really is a photo of the Huntsman Spider that is on our wall. I'd say he's about 4 inches across. I put the heart graphic around him because I thought it would make me see these large spiders in a more loving way - embracing nature and all that. Why am kidding myself?!! They say these spiders will eat cockroaches - that's a good thing. It is said they can give you a nasty bite when provoked - that's not so nice. Catch and release? Yuck. At least they don't kill you like some things here - that's a very good thing.

Side view of this cute little guy below:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh they get MUCH bigger than that! LOL. But totally non-poisonous.

Now in all seriousness, you do realise you still have to file a US tax return even though you're living & working in Oz, right? That's right folks, Uncle Sam keeps track of you no matter where in the world you live. Don't ya love it? :p The other day I came across a couple Americans who had no idea they still had to file, so thought I would mention it just in case. Happy day to you! :)

Brittanie said...

Hi, I like your photo of the Huntsman spider. I love Spiders and Insect alot. I have tons of books on them. Do you get Red Backs or Widows in your home? Or perhaps the Sydney Funnel web spider? If so let me know what you did to handel them.

Brittanie.