Friday, March 18, 2005

I think we really are moving!

I think it finally hit me. We are actually moving to Australia. Wow. What a great adventure. It would be nice if I had my VISA of course... Robyn said that I could come live with them. I might have to!

It's interesting how all of a sudden there are one million details to take care of. I finally got my car back from the body shop (it was in for hail damage). It only took them 2 months!!!! I kept telling them "But I need to sell it before we go!" Obviously, detail #1 is selling the Honda Element. There's also the final arrangements for shipping Karma and Sammy - and of course trying to get them used to the crates - yeah, right - like that's going to happen. Then there's the kid's car insurance, our cell phone accounts, the kid's health insurance.... I'm also trying to get an electrician to come fix a couple of problems in the house - but do you think a Socorro electrician might even call back? Hell no! Of course, we're still on the waiting list to have some broken windows replaced - The hail storm certainly provided plenty of business to anyone dealing with glass or roofing.

Friends at NRAO are snapping up almost everything that we're trying to sell. It's great - we don't really even have to try. I'm sure there will still be a big shipment heading for the thrift store before we leave.

Yesterday afternoon I attended Tim's NRAO going away "party." Rick Perley, Brian Glendenning and Joe McMullin all had great things to say about Tim's work at NRAO. I think it was a validating experience for the big guy, and I'm glad he got a chance to hear it. It meant a lot. (Although I may never drink tea again after the "kids underwear in the kettle" story!! Yuck!)

Tim and I are still struggling with the Atkins diet and trying to lose some weight. After 2 1/2 months I might have lost - 2 lbs? Some people have told me that stress inhibits a person's ability to lose weight. We definitely have stress, soooooooo....

Hugs to all of our readers, Judi

No comments: