Thursday, March 31, 2005

Trials and Tribs

After a warm (barely) - but refreshing shower this morning I am writing this as we wait to hear from Fed Ex customer advocates who are supposed to let us know "fer shur" when the x-rays will arrive in Canberra. After incurring change fees to move our flight reservations from Wednesday to APRIL FOOLS DAY (is this tempting fate just a little too much?), I am concerned that we might be putting a bit TOO much trust in Fed Ex to come through for us. Hey, life on the edge!

We are also waiting to hear from our pet transporter consultant to hear how Sammy and Karma are doing. Poor things - they flew to LAX after all day in their crates flying from Albuquerque through Houston and on to LAX. They were met by Pet Taxi staff who walked and played with them before putting them back in their crates for the very long haul to Sydney...

...to be continued. (must meet the container guy at the house)

Judi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life on the edge, indeed!

I don't know what type of visa you're getting, but having dealt with Australian immigration before I can tell ya they move at a snail's pace. Even after I sent in everything they asked for, it still took a week to get approved...plus I had to get the visa evidenced in my passport before I could enter the country, so another few days sending it to & from the Embassy. I hope it works out differently for you guys and you're able to get on your way. Good luck and keep us posted!