Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sunday afternoon

I'm sitting out on the balcony, enoying the sun and the lorikeets. Two lorikeets are about two feet above my head, eating from the hanging basket. They are messy eaters and stuff keeps falling on my laptop as I type. One keeps hanging upside to look quizzically at me - he's saying something but I don't speak lorikeetian yet.

Progress - we have broadband and wireless now. Plus I got my car from CSIRO. We ordered a kitchen table. Still looking for a desk for the office and one of those propane heaters that you see at outdoor cafes. Our furniture is due to arrive in Sydney tomorrow but I doubt we'll actually see it for a couple of weeks.

It's getting quite chilly in the mornings now. The days are clear and warm with lots of blue sky so the fall is much like that in Socorro. I miss the smell of chile.

Judi's gone shopping but today is a quiet day for me. We drove a little too much yesterday. The traffic here is bad even on a Saturday, especially down by the shopping areas.

That's it for now.

Tim

No comments: